Monday, September 19, 2011

Moldy Armpits?

While I was down at the Optimum Health Institute, we all shared stories of what was going on with each other.  Everyone has a story . . . some of healing, others of health challenges, emotional blocks, spiritual voids.  Many who didn't have a health challenge asked how I could be smiling and friendly with such a diagnosis.  I remember Monica who asked me, "Aren't you afraid to die?"  I loved that I got to tell her "No!  I look forward to meeting Jesus and dancing amoung angels.  Plus I have lived this life to the fullest and done all that I believe the Lord has asked me to do!  My goal is to bring him glory!"  And the conversation went on from there . . . 


One of the days, I was telling the story of my aching arm pits for months to four different people (one doctor) at four different times.  All of them in on the same day said, "Do you have mold in your house?"  I had never thought of that before so Bruce and I decided to have the house checked for mold today.  


I am happy to report that our house is mold free; however our garage is not.  Thank goodness it is nothing urgent, but we will need to do something about it in the near future.  I can come home from the hospital to our house, my room and my familiar surroundings.  We do need prayer that all the mold tests come back the way the inspector viewed it.  


As I pondered mold today, I thought it had quite the spiritual application to my journey so far.  


Mold is just like sin.  


It starts off with something simple:  water.  In our case, a leaking hot water heater.  Seems harmless enough.  We thought it would just dry out in the hot California summer.  Over time, it becomes mold in the smallest form that you can't even see it.  Eventually, there are so many spores, millions, it looks black.  But it still continues to spread unseen by the naked eye.  Until the big guys, come in, turn on the lights and suck those puppies out.


I guess, mold reminds me of cancer too.


Since I first found out the diagnosis, I have asked the Lord if I have done something wrong.  Yes, this is the first place I go.  To make sure that I am in right standing with my Jesus.  There were some unfinished jobs he had asked me to do, that I had not done.  There were some hidden sins that have now come to light.  I don't think that my cancer is my punishment for these things, but I know God wanted to rid me of the "mold" in my life.  He uses everything to make us more like His Son.


I was taught that there are three reasons for sickness according to the Bible:


         Sickness unto death
         Sickness for chastisment
         Sickness for His Glory


So for now, I am sticking with the last one and giving Him the glory all along the way!  Just think what treasures lie in the darkenss for me!


Love this verse that a friend sent me,  "And I will give you treasures - secret riches in the dark places.  I will do this so you will know I am God. . The One who calls you by name. " Isaiah 45:3

1 comment:

  1. I was a little worried to read this post, since it is titled "Moldy Armpits", but I love it! I love how God uses every day life to teach us and reveal His heart. Great job listening the Holy Spirit, this really blessed me!

    ReplyDelete