Sunday, September 25, 2011

I found a restaurant!!!!

After eating weeks on a raw, organic diet, I have been bit challenged in the taste buds lately.

You see, I only eat green veggies, tomatoes, occasional carrot or bell peppers, seeds, sprouts, gabonzo beans, wheatgrass and a special cancer tea.  No fruit, no meat, no dairy, no wheat, flour, no sugar, no drinks . . . pretty simple.  This is the diet I learned at the Optimum Health Institute.  Once a week, I treat myself to a baked sweet potato or a cup of quinoa.  One day I broke down and had 20 dates!!!  That is the only sugar I have had for 6 weeks.

My diet is not that boring actually.  I have terrific friends who make me recipes from the Optimum Health Institute - dehydrated onion rings, sunflower crackers, "pizza", spagetthi with squash "noodles" and soups. I juice daily and I love my hummus and seed cheeses.  I get my protein from the sprouts and seeds.

This week I found a raw, organic restaurant in Costa Mesa that is AWESOME!  118 Degrees is the name of it and Chef Jenny Ross makes things taste amazing.  I know there is a little coconut oil or olive oil in some of the recipes, but for a once a week thing, it's okay.  So if anyone wants to go to lunch or dinner, we can!!!  Also, Bruce is getting me food from here when I am in the hospital and I can't wait!

Why the crazy diet?  I am still detoxing and trying to rid my body of cancer.  I do believe that once the cells know how to make cancer they will keep doing it, so I am trying to create a body that they don't like - alkaline, oxygen-filled, non-toxic, non-stressed and sugar-free.

My verse:  “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food."  Gen. 1:29

3 comments:

  1. Jenny is amazing!! She teaches a class to homeschoolers on Fridays! Maybe you could sign your kiddos up and have them make you all of her wonderful creations!

    Keeping you and your family in our prayers!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We love Jenny!! I am praying like crazy for the Healer to have His way with you!! Blessings...xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow my friend...just last week I thought to myself, "I haven't seen many posts from Jeanna." I am so very...overwhelmed by the news that one of my dearest (and oldest, not in age, but in years of friendship LOL) girlfriends is facing such a trial as this. I consider it an honor to be praying daily for you and the healing touch of our Heavenly Father. I can see already the ways in which God is growing you, having faced a medical trial with my DD, Megan, for 9 years and Katie being diagnosed a few months ago. Truly appreciating the gifts of the smallest daily blessings....I think that is how God wants us to live anyway, but until we HAVE to, well, it is quite a lesson. How precious it is to do the most mundane activity. I remember about 18 months ago when Megan washed a sink of dishes for the first time, our entire family was thrilled "Megan washed dishes and didn't get sick!" As my girls are about to turn 15, I was thinking recently of our friendship that began when we were 15. I smile every time I remember the Sweet 16 Surprise Party you gave me! Smile... Please know that I will be praying diligently for you and your family, those sweet little jewels♥ I wish I lived closer to offer hands on support, but you will have support from my heart♥ Love you Jeanna!

    ReplyDelete