Sunday, September 18, 2011

3 Weeks to Wait

Funny sometimes in life how we hurry, hurry, hurry to then just  . . . wait.

My surgery date is scheduled for Friday, Oct. 7th at Hoag Hospital.  We have to be there at 5:30 a.m. and the surgery is at 7:30 a.m.  I will be in surgery about 5 hours.  The double mastectomy and and the reconstruction doctors will work side by side and then I will be in the hospital until Sunday.

At first, I was concerned that 3 weeks was a long time especially since I have already waited a month.  I trust that God has a plan in all of this and I am not going to give in to worry . . .

Here are a couple of good reasons 3 weeks is perfect:

1. There are studies that show surgery is most ideal on days 13-20 of your menstrual cycle for less recurrences in the future.  That puts me in a good position.

2.  I will get to celebrate my dad's birthday on September 30th.  He will be 83 and is not in the best health so I will cherish this time with him.

3.  We will have a "normal" house for a couple of weeks - homeschooling, activities, etc.

4.  I will attend my book signing at the new Lifeway Christian Store in Tustin on Sat. Oct. 1st 11 - 1 a.m.  Come out and see me!

5.  I can keep on detoxing and working on my inner healing before all the drugs hit the scene.

6.  I can keep having doctor appointments with oncologists, endocrinologists, natural paths, etc. so that I will be ready for "after the surgery".

God is good all the time!  He knows exactly our steps and also the best timing for each of our lives.  I love that no story is the same and each of us is different.  Each of us have that story to tell that only God has given us, for His glory ultimately.

This week has been filled with doctor appointments, blood tests and phone calls.  I am on the hunt to figure out my hormones so that I may not be pushed into Tamoxifen for 5 years.  My thyroid is also challenged with nodules and a cyst.  My lymph system is challenged and I struggle with my aching arm pits, groin, etc.  My breasts hurt daily as a constant reminder to what is going on.  Praying for someone to figure all that out . . . Trusting that the Great Healer has it under control and I am doing all that I can to  aid in the healing.

The greatest blessing for me right now is prayer!  I love how many of you text me, email and call.  It brightens my day!  We do need physical help with meals that if you would like to help in that way, there is a calendar at the top of the page to sign up.  Since I am eating a raw organic food combining diet, it is very difficult to cook for me, but it is also difficult for me to cook for the family since I have been craving normal food this week.  So I prepare two meals 3 times a day.  Having one meal delivered at the end of the day when I am exhausted, really helps. For the weeks to come when I physically cannot cook for anyone will be a great help also!

On a side note, asking for help is just hard!  I want to always do it all and the amount of help I need is overwhelming.  I see God's hand in teaching me to let go and not worry about all the details.  So yes, know that the above paragraph was difficult to ask for!

In closing, a wonderful verse:

"Your ways, O God, are holy,
What god is so great as our God?
You are the God who performs miracles,
You display your power among the peoples.
With your mighty arm you redeemed your people,
the descendants of Jacob and Joseph"  Ps.  77:13-15

4 comments:

  1. It is so hard to not be able to do, but sweet friend, sometimes it's just our turn to receive. Let people love on you. Let God unfold His perfect plan and know that He is in control. He will see you through and will provide your exact portion. Things may look a little differently for some time, but that may in fact be a blessing. Praying for you and looking forward to bringing your family dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest Jeanna...I will continue to pray for you. For guidance along this road, with God leading the way with a huge light for ALL to follow that are involved with this journey. OH how I truly wish I could be there to serve you in person and your cherished family. We love you and want to encourage you to keep on, keeping on with all you are able to do, pursuing HIM in all things, which I know u do!!!

    xoxoxo sweet Jeanna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeanna, I teared up with your confession of difficulty in asking for help. I am praying for you to learn how to receive from people--you obviously have NO TROUBLE receiving from our Father God!!! It's having to receive from others that makes us grimace. I came face to face with my own weakness with this in 2009 when I had hepatitis for 8 weeks and couldn't homeschool, cook, clean or do much of anything except for sit up for about 2 hrs a day! After 8 weeks of living below par, I was healthy for one week and secretly thanking God that I could AGAIN GIVE to others instead of having to receive . . . BOOM--serious, life-threatening car accident and I was back in bed having to receive AGAIN. ARGH! Once through the intense pain of recovery, my Dad died and there we were again receiving from others as I traveled alone to the U.S. and Geoff and the kids needed help with some of the daily things I normally handle. God taught us so much: humility, graciousness, thankfulness and the ability to see the body of Christ working as it should. I pray that as you are surrounded by those who love you and assist you in this time, that you are able to rest in God's provision for you THROUGH HIS PEOPLE. Much love to you Jeanna!!!!

    ReplyDelete