Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Harvest of Blessings

I am grateful today for so many things . . .

. . . for a day where I feel kind of "normal" after having a bad five day stretch.  Feels amazing to be out and not laying down every minute.

 . . . for a uterine sonogram that shows I shrunk my benign tumor by .5 cm.  Still have to have it removed as it causes many problems, but fun to know tumors are shrinking.

. . .  for another cancer free scan from Claudia, my holistic scientist and an amazing boost of energy after treatment.

 . . . for my dad going home today from the hospital.  Wow!  He has 15 lives . . . Seriously though, he has such a survivor, fighter spirit.  I love him and am grateful for the holidays with him.  Thank you for praying for him!

. . .  for a wonderful Feldenkrais class that stretched my chest muscle and loosened my spine.  I have been having a hard time standing up straight, but it is easier today.

. . . for my loving friends and neighbors who drive me to appointments, take me shopping and to lunch.  Who doesn't love girl time with good friends?  Thanks Christina, Lisa, Marilu, Dyanne and Sandra!

. . .  for Dawn, our helper at home, who schools my kids, keeps the house clean, makes the meals (and juice for me), takes the kids to practices and fun outings, who has stepped in to keep the Young household moving!

. . . for my kids who are just wonderful during all of this.  They are growing and learning so much.  As we thank God for times of difficultly, I know that the kids will take it into their lives to help others.

. . . for a husband who serves me and makes me rest.  One who slept in the hospital, who encourages me and loves me.  This trial has been good for our marriage.

. . . for the scale that read my first year wedding weight this morning.  I have lost 31 pounds.  Unbelievable!  I even had a carob/date shake today.  I am not starving.  I just love how God is allowing me to eat in the way that my body likes, but that cancer doesn't like.  I wonder where the scale will stop.

 . . . for being able to take a shower by myself in record time without crying.  Yes, that is something to be grateful for!

. . . for my birthday weekend coming up!  Looking forward to dinner at 118 degrees with friends and a movie.  I didn't think I would feel up to it, but looks like its all a "go"!

. . . for the Princess Parables series that is moving forward.  Zondervan has trademarked our brand and given us the green light for the Christmas and Easter stories to write.  The I Can Read series is being branded and covered this week.  They are thinking of doing an activity and doodle book.  I am overjoyed!

. . . for all of you for praying for me and supporting me!  Thank you for all of the love, calls, cards and meals!  Please contine to pray for the OncoDX test to come back LOW RISK.  I don't have to take the test, only my tumors do.  They are doing it next week.  I am glad it's them and not me!

"He provides for those who grieve in Zion - to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.  They will be called mighty oaks, a planting of the Lord for the display of His splendor"  Isaiah 6:13

1 comment: