Friday, September 28, 2012

A Successful Week of Detoxing!

Last week my mom and I went on a "hard-core" cleanse.  And it was  . . . hard!

Some people ask me, "What exactly does a hard-core cleanse look like?".  I am warning you here that this post might get a bit graphic and verge close to TMI, but inquiring minds do want to know, so here goes!

Our goal was to cleanse our intestines, colon and liver.  Since these are areas that rarely get a break due to our eating habits, I have vowed to cleanse twice a year.  My hope is to go one time a year back to the Optimum Health Institute (shooting for the spring - anyone want to come with me?) and one time this intense cleanse like we did last week. The cleanse is designed to rid the body of the congestion of accumulated toxins, intestinal plaque, and mucous, and to provide the glands and organs of the body a much-needed rest. Cleansing and resting will naturally give the glands, organs & body as a whole a better chance to work more effectively... the way God intended them to work. 

The cleansing diet is quite limited.  We drank five"cleansing shakes" daily consisting of bentonite clay(mineral-rich volcanic clay) and psyllium husk and seed mixed with apple juice and water.  We took herbal supplements 6 times a day.  We drank 1/2 our body weight in ounces and I drank a ton of veggie juices.  We ate no food.  The biggest thing was we had to do an enema or colonic once a day to help rid the body of toxins.  I also got a massage to help stimulate the lymph system.

The first day I felt very tired and had a terrible headache.  Day two I started to feel better but was always really hungry which I continued to be hungry most of the cleanse. Third day, I was just nauseated.   I just drank a veggie juice to help with that.  The good thing was I never went to bed hungry since the shakes filled me up right before bed.  On the last day, we did a liver cleanse which meant we drank grapeseed oil (4 oz.) and lemon juice (4 oz.) before bed and then had a colonic early in the morning.  

My body experience a deep cleansing.  The disgusting things that came out of my body!!!  I can only say "Good riddins!"  Truly gross to think that has been in my body for who know how long.  I have vowed to also have one day of juicing a week.

Here were my results: 

•    Healthier skin - clearer, pores are smaller, healthy color       
•    More energy – get up easier in the morning - more alert - mind is sharper - easier to    exercise and have my quiet times
•    Joint pains are greatly diminished
•    No more snoring            
•    More regular bowel movements
•    Back to eating more healthy choices and I lost a couple of pounds!


Last week was also a good time to reflect on my spiritual body.  Since I believe our spirit, mind and body are very connected.  As I was cleansing, and releasing a horrid amount of toxins (black stuff, yuck!), it made me think of sin!!!!  Toxins are just like sin.  They enter into our body in many forms seemingly harmless.  Many toxins take on the form of temptation (for me a frappacino and a maple nut scone from Starbucks).  They go and stay in unwanted places and are difficult to rid from our bodies.  Extreme measures must be taken to expel them only after we see and believe that they exist.  When left unchecked, they make you smelly, tired and unhealthy.

So I encourage you today - do a detox.  Either of mind, spirit or body.  Take a break from TV, radio, coffee or whatever dirties up the body He gave you.  God will honor any or all that you choose.  You won't be sorry!

As for me, I will always say:

"Praise the Lord, my soul,
    and forget not all his benefits—
who forgives all your sins
    and heals all your diseases,
who redeems your life from the pit
    and crowns you with love and compassion"  Psalm 103-2-4


If any of you were wanting to take the plunge and do a in-home detox, here is all the info you will need http://www.watersoflifecleansing.com/about-us


3 comments:

  1. Yep! I've done Optimum Health for 2 weeks and Jeanna is dead on telling the truth.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi
    I met you at Sally Clarkson last year. One of my friends just found out she has breast cancer. She is only 34 years old and has four children. Please tell me the treatment plan that you followed. I would like to give her your information.
    Blessings,
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am writing a paper on romoba vacuum cleaners and I found this post to be very helpful and informative. Thank you.This is just now the kinda info I was looking for! Thanks.

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete