Saturday, January 21, 2012

Surgery Yesterday, Next Weeks Opportunities

Surgery Update

Yesterday, I completed the 2nd stage surgery for my breast reconstruction.  The surgery went well and I am home resting which leaves me time to think and blog.  My mom is here taking care of the kids with Bruce as it is hard to lift and use my arms.  Thank you for all of your prayers yesterday and for the meals coming the next couple of days.  I certainly felt the prayers and was at peace with everything.

The whole process is a bit odd, if you ask me.  It's just not something you ever think you are going to do.  Am I too big?  Am I too little?  What is the right size?  In the end, I tried to get as close as I could to the ones God originally gave me.  When all else fails, go with God's original plan, right?

So I am sore today and stiff.  I can't take a shower for a couple of days and I have the ace bandage on.  But underneath it all, I can tell it will be better - softer, more real.  This whole process has really had me just grateful for his eternal love for me.  Elisabeth Elliot once said "We can only know that Eternal Love is wiser than we, and we bow in adoration of that loving wisdom".

Health Cocktail

Whenever I post, I feel the need to include a health tidbit.  There is so much I am learning and I just know that I need to share it.  This year we have adopted a new health ritual that we do daily.  Bruce, myself and the kids, even my mom.  We take the Vitamin C cocktail to ward of any colds, diseases, etc. and we have made it halfway through the year very healthy.  We used to do Juice Plus or Airborne, but this works so much better and it is cheaper.  Once when I forgot to give it to the kids for a week, Danika got a fever.  But we quickly implemented it and she was better and no one else got it.  Praise the Lord!  For as you know, with four kids, when one gets sick, they ALL get it!

The Health Cocktail:  Juice or water 4 - 8 oz, 5 drops of Grapefruit seed extract (GSE - a natural antibiotic- I take 10 drops) and a capful of pure lemon extract (no oil - get at Sprouts for $2)  The kids drink it with a straw since the good stuff sinks to the bottom.

Try it!  We swear by it!  You will not be disappointed!

Bed REST is another word for Spiritual Stimulation

With time on my hands, I am catching up on my reading and sermons I have missed.  I love to just have the time.  God is working on two different lessons I am going to share Feb. 3rd.  One to our Elements Bible Study on marriage "Where did love go?"  God is teaching me so much about his love that I am excited about this.  And at the Sally Clarkson Mom Heart conference, I am going to share a little about "Where God is Hiding during trials?"  I have found not that He hides, but that I find Him outside of the usual places.  My old ways of connecting with God don't work, but new ones come when I let go and follow his lead.  So Feb. 3rd is a big day for me.  Looking forward to sharing, but also excited about the preparing.  Thanks in advance for your prayers!

6 comments:

  1. Glad you are home and doing ok Jeanna and the surgery went well. I have a question about the health cocktail: GSE is so very bitter and strong, how on earth do you get the kids to drink five drops at a time? The juice must really hide it well?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes the juice hides it well! Sometimes we only give a couple of drops. We fluctuate.

      Delete
    2. i put GSE in my girls yogurt, along with a lot of other stuff to "hide". our nutritionist said to only GSE for 10 days like a drug antibiotic and that it should not be used everyday on a regular basis. it has kept my girls from getting strep when used after exposure. we use lithy tree, briar rose, and grapeseed extract for immune builders (also drops in yogurt). so far, 5 months into kindergarten and not 1 day missed for illness for either of them!

      Delete
  2. Great share.... Europe is ahead of us, and will NOT buy our produce/meats ... due to hormone overload,etc. GMO mess...
    We are making our country sick. Appreciate your share, and recipes to support good health.. Praying for you tomorrow,and continued body healing.... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You blessed me with your "Y" talk yesterday-It's hard to imagine all you've been through since I heard you speak last year-thank you for sharing! My mom was a stage three breast cancer survivor--7 years cancer free. . .to God be the glory! My son was diagnosed w/an autoimmune issue this summer so I am trying that health cocktail with all of us tomorrow! Prayers for your continued healing and good health. You look great!
    everydayeo.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You blessed me as well.... You have an awesome testimony. I am so glad to have met you and I will be following your blog for updates. Praise Jesus for the healing! God is so good!

    ReplyDelete